Saturday, December 29, 2012

Swatched: Lime Crime Les Desserts d'Antoinette

Good morning lovely people!

I'm sure many of you have heard of Lime Crime's line of nail polish, the lovely pastels that has the nail polish world drooling.... well me anyways ;) LOL Ever since I saw my first swatches of these babies I knew I had to have them! But I'm on the cheap side so I couldn't convince myself to spend that much money on little old me... well guess who got them for Christmas?! THIS GIRL :) Come see these pretties with me!


Ok first up is Lavendairy,

Lavendairy is a light purple pastel creme polish. It's definitely a shade that stands out as do the others! I was a little weary of the application because I read that some other bloggers said it was a little tricky. Lavendairy actually wasn't too bad on application... the first coat was a little streaky and it didn't self level very well but a nice coat of top coat smooths everything out anyways :) Below is three coats of Lavendairy and one coat of top coat. Three coats is probably best for full opacity. 


Next up is Crema de Limon,

Crema de Limon is a very pretty bright yellow pastel creme polish. I was happily surprised with this one. I find that most yellow polishes are streaky at best and a horror to apply... at least the ones I have are LOL. Crema de Limon is streaky with the first coat but builds up beautifully. This one also had some self leveling issues but like I said before nothing some good top coat can't fix. Below is three coats of Crema de Limon and one coat of top coat. Three coats is needed for full opacity here as well. 


Moving on to Milky Ways,

Milky Ways is a gorgeous nude / off white pastel creme polish. I absolutely love this one! It's a very pretty nude for my skin tone... maybe a little light but oh well! Milky Ways had the same application as the others but seemed slightly less streaky. Below is three coats of Milky Ways and one coat of top coat. Three coats are necessary for opacity. 


Next is Once in a Blue Mousse,

Once in a Blue Mousse is a light blue pastel creme polish. This one is probably my least favorite of the group. Don't get me wrong it's a very beautiful color but I just don't think it worked very well with my skin tone. In person this seemed to have a very light gray tone to it on me at least. Application was the same as the others. Below is three coats of Once in a Blue Mousse and one coat of top coat. Three coats are needed for opacity. 


Next in the line up is Parfait Day,

Parfait Day is a pink pastel creme polish and may be the most bubble gum-esque polish I've ever seen! Serious gorgeous-ness. I felt like Barbie wearing this one and loved every second of it ;) LOL Parfait Day had the same application as the others and needs three coats for full opacity. Below is three coats of Parfait Day and one coat of top coat. 


You better put your sunglasses on for the next one, Pastelchio

Pastelchio is a strange mix of neon and pastel... I didn't even know it was possible! LOL It's a bright green neon pastel creme polish. This one is the one I was looking forward to the most it's just so unique! I knew it would be my favorite and it definitely is. Application is the same as the others and also needs three coats for opacity. I could not stop staring at my nails when I put this on and I can't even tell you all how many compliments I got on them. Below is three coats of Pastelchio and one coat of top coat. 


Last but certainly not least is Peaches  Cream

Peaches  Cream is a very pretty orange/mango pastel creme polish. I find it very hard to find an orange polish that works well with my skin tone but had high hopes for this one. Looks like my suspicions were right, I love this color! It really stood out on my nails and didn't make my skin look all weird like most orange polishes do. Application is the same as the others and you need three coats for full opacity. Below is three coats of Peaches  Cream and one coat of top coat. 


These polishes totally surpassed my expectations! And look at those bottles! I love the whole frosted glass look and the logo is too cute. If you haven't gotten any of the Lime Crime polishes yet I highly recommend them! It looks like a lot of them are sold out at the moment :( But I'm sure they'll be coming back in stock really soon!

So what do you guys think? Are pastel polishes in? 

Thanks for reading :) 

12 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I want them all! D: Even though I don't think the yellow or peach would look good on me... The whole collection is just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors are really unique though so you never know ;) LOL it really is super cute!!

      Delete
  2. Aww, lucky you - all though I do not think they have a good wear, I love mine simply because of the gorgeous colors :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I noticed that... I was wearing Pastelchio for a little over a day and it had already chipped :( I thought maybe it was just my base coat or something but maybe it wasn't. I still love them though the colors are too pretty!!! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! They are all pretty! I think Milky Way is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super gorgeous! I'm always looking for a good nude and this one is perfect! :)

      Delete
  4. Totally jealous that your skin tone goes so well with ALL the colors! The colors look amazing. I hope to make buy it, how if the wear isn't that great I might just wait a little while. Love your blog btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thanks! :) Yeah I can't say for sure that the wear isn't great since I change my polish almost every day -_- But like I said Pastelchio did chip the next day. I was also doing a lot with my hands too so that probably contributed to the chipping. And thanks so much! I'm glad you like it I kinda do too ;) LOL

      Delete
  5. So jealous you got these for Christmas, I've been lemming them since I first laid eyes on them. I'll have to make due staring at your beautiful swatches ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I was lemming them SO bad when I first saw them I made sure to put them at the very top of my list LOL I'm glad you think my swatches do them justice! :) I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get them in the near future... birthday maybe? ;) lol!

      Delete
  6. I've been lemming there foreverrrr! Your swatches are amazing! Milky Way looks like the perfect white/nude creme. I wish the wear was better, but at least the colours are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lady!!! :D Milky Way is SO gorgeous it really is a beautiful white/nude. I'll have to have someone in my fam test the wear on them since I can't have anything on my nails for more then three days max ;)

      Delete